Sunday 16 November 2014

Shanghai Renjia

Tucked in an inconspicuous corner of Ang Mo Kio, Shanghai Renjia does not place much focus on the interior design. Instead it aims to serve customers with well executed Shanghainese dishes.

WHAT TO ORDER: 
The selection on the menu is not huge (which is what I like). I like most of 9 dishes that I ordered. If I were to pick the best ones, Pan Fried Shanghai Bao, Xiao Long Bao, Stir-fried Pea Sprout and Pumkin (as spelt in the menu) Pancake will be my top choices.

WHAT SO GOOD:
The bottom half of the Pan Fried Shanghai Bao is nicely fried to crisp, and the top half is fluffily steamed at the same time. Hard to find such Sheng Jian Bao so well made. The Xiao Long Bao is so delicious that they are served without no vinegar and ginger. I love the natural sweetness of the Pea Sprout. End off the dinner with Pumkin Pancake - crispy fried skin wrapping the nice pumpkin purée mashed with read bean inside

NOT SO GOOD:
Small place with limited seats. Making reservation does not guarantee that you do not need to queue. Advise you book and come at 6pm. Also I find Handmade Noodle with Pork Chop and Diced Chicken a bit too plain. If you order the Mei Cai Pork Belly Bun, add the gravy to the handmade noodles and you find the taste greatly enhanced.

MY RATING:
8.75 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment